Wednesday 25 August 2010

Drummond's First Time

Bill Drummond was the guest on BBC 6 Music's "the First Time." He discussed and played important records from his career and his lifetime. A good introduction if you don't know much about him and an opportunity to listen to "Doctorin' the Tardis" on the Radio.

Listen to the show on BBC iplayer
Podcast




His work continues to be an inspiration to me. I recently read his new book "For Sale: £20,000" which is about what he decides to do with a Richard Long photograph he bought. The story behind the book is really interesting but I would only recommend reading it after you have read"45". It is a much better book and more accessible. If you are only going to read one book by Drummond (or anyone else) I would go for "17." One of the most enjoyable reads I have ever had.


Bill Drummond's Website

No comments: